What We Are Doing
We're working with our community businesses and organizations to provide updates on hours, closures, and other information relevant to the public as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. Many of our local businesses are working hard to maintain clean and safe environments for customers and clients through this time. We encourage you to continue to support local businesses as you are able.
Join the Facebook Group, Sikeston Take-out and Delivery Options for local restaurant menus and and adjustments they are making in response to the Coronavirus.
We will keep our Calendar Of Events updated as well with cancellations and postponements as we are made aware of them.
This page will be updated daily. If you've like to submit information on your business or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
The City of Sikeston
Effective March 18, 2020, all indoor City facilities are closed to the public through at least April 3, 2020, including City Hall, the Clinton Building, fire stations, P.A.W.S. Animal Shelter, and DPS Headquarters. DPS Headquarters will remain open to the public for normal law enforcement related activities, but public tours and educational visits will be suspended.
- City employees at these facilities will continue to report to duty unless they are sick or on leave.
- Public contact with the City will need to occur via phone, email, fax, mail or other means that minimize person-to-person contact.
- A drop box for applications and payments (including court payments) will be available in the vestibule of City Hall.
- All City Council meetings and advisory board meetings through April 3, 2020, are hereby canceled. Decisions regarding rescheduling and electronic/phone participation in public meetings will be announced by April 3.
- All Clinton Building reservations through the end of April are hereby canceled and refunds will be issued. The City will not be accepting new reservations until further notice.
See the City of Sikeston's COVID-19 Response for more information.
- DAEOC Head Start and Early Head Start are closed now until April 3.
- Food Baskets for enrolled Head Start children will be distributed during closure and those times will be communicated to the families
- Sikeston Public Schools will be closed now through April 3.
- The Better Schools for Better Communities vote has been postponed until June 2. Absentee voting is open in Scott and New Madrid Counties. You may fax or email your ballot application to:
- Saint Francis Xavier School will be closed now through April 3.
- Southeast Missouri State University has suspended all in-person classes through the end of the semester. Beginning March 30, in-person classes will be provided through alternative means (online, Zoom, etc.) Students should call ahead to check on computer lab availability
- Three Rivers Community College will be providing virtual instruction through the end of the semester.
What you need to know about the Families First Corona Virus Response Act.
- Get with your team (your HR representative, lawyer, accountant and payroll services provider) NOW to discuss what you need to do. This Act takes affect immediately and your team will ensure you are in compliance.
- Here are the Key Takeaways from the IRS.
Important Tax Information
The Federal Government has also extended all tax returns, federal income tax payments and self-employed tax payments that are due April 15 to July 15.
The State of Missouri has adopted a similar position as well. However, not all states have made this adjustment. You can find more information here, or contact your accountant for filing deadlines in other states.
The Small Business Administration has several new options available to help you through this time. Missouri has met all criteria to be eligible for the SBA Disaster Assistance Loan Program. We expect to have word any day that applications can be submitted. This program will help provide working capital (up to $2M) for small (less than 500 employees) businesses that are unable to receive financing from traditional lending institutions.
- See the SBA Disaster Assistance Resources for additional information.
Please read and share this Public Service Announcement with your employees, friends and family regarding current, local testing ability. It is vital that we support our local healthcare community by calling 1-877-435-8411 BEFORE seeking a COVID test.
Bootheel Counseling Services
- All scheduled behavioral health counseling, medication management, and primary care appointments will be conducted over the phone or via telehealth.
- If you need a new appointment, please call 573-471-0800.
- If you, or someone you know, is experiencing a behavioral health crisis please continue to call the crisis hotline, 1-800-356-5395.
Missouri Delta Medical Center
- Beginning Wednesday, March 24, 2020, Missouri Delta Medical Center and Clinics are temporarily suspending all visitors until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff, and community. Our patient care philosophy depends greatly on engaging families to be part of the healing process. The decision to restrict all patient visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration. Missouri Delta will continue to take every precaution necessary for the safety of our community and will do our part in helping stop the spread of COVID-19.
- See Missouri Delta Medical Center's full COVID-19 policy for additional information.
Saint Francis Medical Center
- In an effort to stop the spread of illness and protect our patients and staff, effective Tuesday, March 24, NO visitors are permitted at Saint Francis Medical Center. There will be some exceptions; more information to follow. Ambulatory Clinics will continue to limit the number of people who accompany patients to a scheduled appointment or Urgent Care visit at all clinic locations. All visitors or family members will be asked to return to their vehicles. Exceptions: ONE visitor will be permitted for elderly patients or people with a disability who need assistance; ONE parent/guardian will be permitted for pediatric patients. All clinics will continue screening patients upon entry.
- See Saint Francis Medical Center's full COVID-19 policy for more information.
SEMO Health Network
- SEMO Health Network encourages ALL patients to call before any visits to our Medical Centers. Please do not come to the clinics unless advised. We're here to help & answer any questions you may have via phone.
- Medical Centers Phone Numbers:
- Benton: 573-545-4200
- Bernie: 573-293-6836
- Caruthersville: 573-359-9803
- Kennett: 573-717-1332
- New Madrid: 573-748-2592
- Sikeston Medical: 573-472-1770
- Medical Centers Phone Numbers:
- Dental clinics are only seeing EMERGENCY cases. If you have a dental emergency, please call 573-471-4767.
See Below for a list of open local restaurants
We will update this as information is communicated to us.