What We Are Doing
We're working with our community businesses and organizations to provide updates on hours, closures, and other information relevant to the public as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. Many of our local businesses are working hard to maintain clean and safe environments for customers and clients through this time. We encourage you to continue to support local businesses as you are able.
Join the Facebook Group, Sikeston Take-out and Delivery Options for local restaurant menus and and adjustments they are making in response to the Coronavirus.
This page will be updated regularly. If you've like to submit information on your business or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
The State of Missouri
The State of Missouri has entered Phase 2 of the “Show Me Strong Recovery” Plan. During this phase, there is no statewide health order for Missouri businesses, however Governor Mike Parson emphasized the importance of social distancing and practicing proper hygiene to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Find more information on Missouri’s FAQ page here.
City and County
At this time no additional restrictions have been put in place by Scott County, New Madrid County, or the City of Sikeston. Businesses may choose whether or not their employees and/or customers wear facemasks and are encouraged to continue with extra sanitization efforts.
The Sikeston Depot - OPEN Saturdays 10am - 4pm
After being temporarily closed due to COVID-19, the Sikeston Depot will be reopening with a new schedule. The Depot will be open on Saturdays from 10am-4pm until further notice. When circumstances allow, additional days may be scheduled. Until then, the Depot welcomes visitors who abide by good health and safety guidelines.
The Depot supports the Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo and visitors may pick up free information about this event during Depot hours.
For more information, please see the Sikeston Depot Facebook Page.
The Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo
The Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo Board of Directors are moving forward with our trademark community celebration and rodeo events.
See this important message regarding their decision and the steps they will be taking to ensure the safety of all volunteers, participants and community.
Stampede Week – July 27-August 1
The SRC will again partner with the Sikeston Jaycees to host Stamped week July 27-August 1. This year’s events will be slightly different as we will host a Stampede Trivia Night on Tuesday, July 28! The Storefront Decoration Contest will be judged by SRC Ambassadors on July 31 as well as all floats in the Rodeo Parade on August 1.
Southeast Missouri Food Bank
Missouri Foundation for Health has awarded a nearly $200,000 grant to Southeast Missouri Food Bank to hire workers displaced by the coronavirus outbreak to help pack and distribute food to seniors and many families newly in need.
- The $198,720 grant will allow the food bank to hire 12 temporary employees to work full-time for the next 10 weeks to help sort, package and distribute food at the food bank’s Sikeston distribution center and at mobile food distributions held throughout its 16-county area.
Lapse in Appropriations Notice: SBA is unable to accept new applications at this time for the Paycheck Protection Program or the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)-COVID-19 related assistance program (including EIDL Advances) based on available appropriations funding.
- EIDL applicants who have already submitted their applications will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
With Funding Lapsed, What Can Businesses Do Now?
See great information from the Missouri Chamber of Commerce here.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Assistance
- The U.S. Chamber has announced a NEW grant program providing $5,000 grants to small businesses in economically distressed areas. (Our zip code qualifies.)
- The application will be available Monday, April 20 at 2:00 pm CST. You can enter your email here to receive a reminder when the application goes live.
- Employee Retention Tax Credit - 50% tax credit for first $10,000 of compensation
Additional information for Small Businesses
Congress is working to provide additional funding for the following:
Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Guide - from the US Chamber of Commerce
- Apply through the SBA
Payment Protection Program
- Small Business Guide and Checklist for PPP - from the US Chamber of Commerce
- Apply through your local banker
- If you're a lender, more information can be found here.
- If you're a borrower, more information can be found here.
- The application for borrowers can be found here.
Important Tax Information
The Federal Government has also extended all tax returns, federal income tax payments and self-employed tax payments that are due April 15 to July 15.
The State of Missouri has adopted a similar position as well. However, not all states have made this adjustment. You can find more information here, or contact your accountant for filing deadlines in other states.
The Small Business Administration has several new options available to help you through this time. Missouri has met all criteria to be eligible for the SBA Disaster Assistance Loan Program. We expect to have word any day that applications can be submitted. This program will help provide working capital (up to $2M) for small (less than 500 employees) businesses that are unable to receive financing from traditional lending institutions.
- See the SBA Disaster Assistance Resources for additional information.
Please read and share this Public Service Announcement with your employees, friends and family regarding current, local testing ability. It is vital that we support our local healthcare community by calling 1-877-435-8411 BEFORE seeking a COVID test.
Bootheel Counseling Services
- All scheduled behavioral health counseling, medication management, and primary care appointments will be conducted over the phone or via telehealth.
- If you need a new appointment, please call 573-471-0800.
- If you, or someone you know, is experiencing a behavioral health crisis please continue to call the crisis hotline, 1-800-356-5395.
Missouri Delta Medical Center
- Missouri Delta will resume elective surgeries on Monday, May 4th. Understanding the balance of risks between community exposure to COVID-19 and suspended healthcare for existing conditions, elective surgery access will be provided with safeguards in place.
- We will perform COVID-19 screenings on all patients as part of their pre-op testing.
- We will allow our surgery patients to have one support person that will be required to wear a mask.
- See Missouri Delta Medical Center's full COVID-19 policy for additional information.
Saint Francis Medical Center
- In an effort to stop the spread of illness and protect our patients and staff, effective Tuesday, March 24, NO visitors are permitted at Saint Francis Medical Center. There will be some exceptions; more information to follow. Ambulatory Clinics will continue to limit the number of people who accompany patients to a scheduled appointment or Urgent Care visit at all clinic locations. All visitors or family members will be asked to return to their vehicles. Exceptions: ONE visitor will be permitted for elderly patients or people with a disability who need assistance; ONE parent/guardian will be permitted for pediatric patients. All clinics will continue screening patients upon entry.
- See Saint Francis Medical Center's full COVID-19 policy for more information.
SEMO Health Network
- SEMO Health Network encourages ALL patients to call before any visits to our Medical Centers. Please do not come to the clinics unless advised. We're here to help & answer any questions you may have via phone.
- Medical Centers Phone Numbers:
- Benton: 573-545-4200
- Bernie: 573-293-6836
- Caruthersville: 573-359-9803
- Kennett: 573-717-1332
- New Madrid: 573-748-2592
- Sikeston Medical: 573-472-1770
- Medical Centers Phone Numbers:
- Dental clinics are only seeing EMERGENCY cases. If you have a dental emergency, please call 573-471-4767.
See Below for a list of open local restaurants
We will update this as information is communicated to us.